NBC’s “I’m A Blogger, Get Me Out Of Here”
NBC’s “I’m A Blogger, Get Me Out Of Here!”
The UK import reality show “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” was launching in the American market, which had already been primed by a plethora of celebrity dramas ranging from cooking kings to drama queens. A cross between Survivor tactics and Idol audience participation, Celebrity had all of the potential to be NBC’s summer smash hit, but only if Americans participated in the game.
Transform honed in on creating blogosphere-based online buzz through the “I’m a Blogger, Get Me Out of Here!” contest blog. Featuring prominent bloggers from entertainment and media verticals, contestants wrote post detailing their experience conducting weekly challenges that were spun off of the show’s jungle theme. The grand prize was a visit to the set of the show, in Costa Rica, to run the official Twitter page with behind-the-scenes tweets from the production. Outreach was also conducted across entertainment, gossip and celebrity fan site verticals that would instantly gravitate to the premise to generate further online buzz.
- Utilized the built-in socially viral components of the series to attract and develop a robust community.
- Generated buzz through promotion of strategic content across.
- Special access offerings for top-tier influencers: Behind the Scenes, Sneak Peaks and Interviews.
- Two million unique views for the “I’m a Blogger, Get Me Out of Here” blog platform.
- Universal coverage from the mainstream political and entertainment media, including CNBC, E! Entertainment, Entertainment Tonight, CNN/Larry King Live, The Today Show and This Week with George Stephanopoulos.
- Engagement with hundreds of travel bloggers, as well as top-tier U.S. blogger entries from outlets such as MediaBistro.
- The show premiered at the top of the ratings in its Monday night primetime slot, beating out such competition as “The Bachelor” and doing especially well with the key 18-34 demographic, for which it was the top show across all of primetime that night.